3 Things to Know About Landlord Insurance

The agents at Kimble Brown Insurance Agency serve homeowners and landlords who live in the Trophy Club and Southlake, TX area. Individuals who own rental properties or sometimes rent out their own property on occasion are considered landlords, even if it’s only for a short period of time. Any time you rent property to someone, you should consider having renters insurance in place to protect yourself and your property.

Different Types of Landlord Insurance

There are three types of rental insurance. D-1 is a very basic policy and only covers the bare minimum. D-2 covers more of the most common problems as well as a few of the lesser reported issues. D-3 offers the most extensive coverage and includes a few special provisions. 

Different Types of Home Qualify

Almost any type of rental property will qualify you as a landlord. This includes short-term rentals, storage units, garages, homes, cottages, and apartments. If you are unsure if your property can be covered as a rental, speak to an insurance agent.

Do You Need Liability Coverage?

Anytime you own property, you need to have some sort of liability insurance in place to protect you if someone is injured while visiting your rental. This is an essential part of any landlord policy and shouldn’t be overlooked. 

In Southlake, TX, the agents of Kimble Brown Insurance Agency offer landlord policies for property owners who are considering renting out their properties. They have the answers to all of your important landlord/tenant questions that involve insurance and liability. By scheduling an appointment with an agent, you can discuss all of your options and help you make the best decision for your individual situation. Contact our office to get started with a quote.